Monday 19 August 2013

Footwear Interchanger

And today's post will be about shoes.  Ooh, should be exciting.  Brace yourself.

When one walks to work, as this one does, it requires the wearing of runners, sneakers, walking foot attire.  I also wear such footwear when I leave my building for lunch and such.  I don't understand why women wear heels when they go out onto the cobblestones in their lunchbreak.  They are either suicidal or moronic.  Little from column A... 
Cute. But probably not ideal for a rowing machine.

A very good reason to wear runners when leaving any building ever is that you are best placed to outrun a marauding lion if it escapes from the zoo, which is just up the road from my workplace.  Reliable and trustworthy statistics show that women in Africa who wear high heels do not escape from lions.

At my workplace, the women who choose to wear heels when walking around outside are ironically the ones who don't know how to walk in high heels and end up walking like the first man on the moon.  Practice makes perfect unless you're a moron in heels.

In more boring news, I like to wear heels or ballet flats during the day, the latter specifically if I feel like breaking into some spontaneous pointe work.  I have about ten pairs of shoes in a box under my desk at work.  There are good reasons for this.  This first reason is that I just like change.  Change is good.  Change is as good as a holiday to a really shitty holiday destination like Bali.  The only time change isn't good is when summer turns into that princess bitchface, winter.

Hopefully I'll find something more interesting to blog about forthwith.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...