Wednesday 1 October 2014

Life in the Right Brain

If you go for the broad generalisations made in popular psychology on brain hemispheres - the logical left and the creative right - my right hemisphere definitely gets a fair shake of the sauce bottle in my various leisurely pursuits.

In fact, sometimes when I'm creative writing I have to slice it open and scoop out the rest of the sauce because the sauce shop is closed and I need more sauce.  And sometimes one also just wants to paint with acrylics apparently.

I bought such paints about ten years ago and opened them recently because I was unwell and also bored.  I painted Ms Blake Lively because I needed a humanoid's face and she was on the cover of the Vogue I dragged out of the neighbours trash (I'm classy).

I've given poor Blake a bad nose job and a terrible hair do but that's postmodern art for you.  It certainly doesn't stop millions of postmodernists painting crap and popping it on the walls of London's Tate Modern. Clear a spot on your walls, Tate! Here's another piece of shit.




No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...