Thursday 10 February 2011

Random Breathe Testing

There is a special niche group of people in Australia who are more than happy to go on national television after being sprung for drink / drug-induced / low intelligence driving. For argument’s sake, I shall refer to these folk as idiots.

RBT’, that is random breath testing, is a reality television show on Channel Nine. It’s about making fun of stupid people, right? I hope so, because I sure as heck am doing just that. It almost feels cruel. Alas, if you agree to be one of the stars of ‘RBT’, then you fully deserve any ridicule that comes your way. It’s one of life’s great tragedies that these morons think it’s fun to have their 30 minutes (minus commercials) of fame on this reality show.

In the episode I caught tonight on my new favourite bogan entertainment channel the police caught up with Rhiannon, who was driving 'one of the dodgiest cars police have ever seen'. Rhiannon was actually driving a car that was illegally borrowed from the wreckers.  As you do. Sheesh, if you have the skills Rhiannon, head for your local BMW dealership. The world is your cheeseburger, so think big girlfriend.

Rhiannon’s sweet ride contained cannabis and methamphetamines and “drug equipment”, but apparently Rhiannon knew nothing about of any of this. I couldn’t lie convincingly to a horse, let alone a mob of police officers and a Channel Nine camera crew. Perhaps I am underestimating these people.

Maybe these idiots are actually destined for the bright lights of Home and Away. Rhiannon finally admitted that she had taken some marijuana that morning. Good call Rhiannon; the best thing to do before driving across Australia is to spend the morning smoking weed.

Ed, who after 22 or so schooners, argued with a poker-faced policeman.  Note to Ed: it’s probably best to shut up if you are too pissed to tell if the cop is saying your 'life' or your 'licence' is in jeopardy. Brain-dead Ed pulled out the old “I lose my licence, I lose my job” nugget a couple of times.  Damn it, it's almost like actions have consequences or something.

I have zero tolerance for drink drivers, and they should get everything the law can throw at them.  I just wish the NSW Police Commissioner would give the forces some power to throw these idiots into prison.  But then they'd probably create a show following them through the justice system.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...