Monday 14 November 2011

First world problem

A moving tale of a guest blogger's first world problem.

The other day I picked up my e-tag package from Australia Post on the way home from work. When I got home I dumped all my stuff on the table and I was hungry so I started eating cheese things and got orange all over my hands. Then I remembered I had an e-tag!!!!!! I had to open the package up right away and play with my new toy!!! However, I had orange all over my hands so I went to my automatic soap dispenser to get some cucumber and aloe soap, but the battery was flat. I went into the bathroom and I was all out of honey and vanilla scented moisturising hand wash so I had to get some out of the linen cupboard. Before I went through the linen cupboard I had to go outside and wash my hands under the hose like I lived in India or something. Then I went back to the linen cupboard and some Egyptian cotton sheets fell on my head while I was rummaging around. They were 1200 thread count and really heavy. Finally I got the hand wash out. I had bought a six pack from Costco for about $10 and it was really heavy and hard to get the plastic and cardboard wrap off and the weight of it hurt my wrist and I got a paper cut from the stupid packaging. Then the soap went all over the basin when I tried to put it in the dispenser. By then I was really tired, so I watched some TV and ate more cheese things. I still haven't put my e-tag on my car. The package is still sitting on the coffee table, taking up room, which means the remotes are all bundled up in one corner, so I had to move my drink coaster, and now I have to reach further to get my tea when I'm watching television.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...