Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Luckiest Fly in the World

Cocobean may just be the luckiest little fly in the world.  What? Oh, you want some context?  Well maybe just maybe I don't want to give you any.  The End.  Oh, fine then. 

Do you remember that titillating scene of Karate Kid where Mr Miagi pretended to be able to catch a fly with a set of dull chopcticks while meditating?  Well I did that yesterday, except I wasn't meditating and I didn't have any chopsticks, but I did catch Cocobean with a Spider Catcher Unit Thingy.

Cocobean was my pet fly, for about 10 minutes, before I managed to catch him and set him free.  What I realised is that trying to catch a fly for ten minutes will drive you completely mad.  I don't know why I was trying to achieve by catching a fly.  I guess we'll never know. 

It might be due to my inability to kill shit. It's really hard for me, because I know that all the bugs that freak me out - like spiders, cockroaches and the like - have families that want to see them at Christmas time, or for Thanksgiving if they are visiting from America.

Anyway, it's hard work.  Fly-catching.  Your head starts to spin on its axis with all that bloody buzzing and your eyes start squirting blood and you start yelling and cursing at nothing but thin air as it whooshes past your ears.  Had it been filmed I would definitely have been looking at some serious padded cell time.  Why are flies so damn chaotic in their flight patterns?  There is just no thought given to navigation, moving obstacles in the sky or walls.

Cocobean is free now.  Fly, Cocobean, fly.  Fly away and piss off the neighbours who are trying to cook sausages on their barbecue.

Excellent.  Another pointless blog post to add to my collection.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...