Monday 14 July 2014

Early bird catches the plane

It's half past too fucking early in the morning. Do you know who's up at this hour? Worms, birds and those bloody annoying morning people.

I'm at a crowded but not so rowdy Abu Dhabi International Airport and I'm not especially happy about it. I'm waiting for things to happen. Specifically, in no particular order, I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for my flight to Ireland Land, my quadruple shot half strength cappucino to cool and my body to escalate my building fatigue into a cranky coma.

Must stay awake. Is carrying limp bodies onto planes part of the role of the long-suffering boarding staff? I would be devastated if I felled into sleep and missed all the interesting things that happen at airports in the middle of the fucking night.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...