Saturday 8 January 2011

Cats

Ah yes, the big ten hour round-trip to Moggy (Mogo) Zoo down the South Coast, where you pay 23 dollars to watch lions, tigers, and servals sleep all day. Cats invented lazy. When cats aren’t sleeping they are just obscenely lazy. Maybe we should take a leaf out of their book. ‘The Lazy cat’s guide to happiness’ by Deepak Chopra.


















Speaking of spiritual journeys, years ago I was blessed by a Sumatran tiger at Moggy Zoo. It truly was an awakening for everyone involved. I didn’t wash my hair for hours to allow the holy gift to infuse. You can only imagine the looks of worship and adoration I received from all those around me. I discovered that people can’t stand to be around such wonderment and started to scatter like flies. The flies also scattered, obviously overwhelmed by the greatness in their midst. Not everyone can handle the responsibility of being the chosen one, but at least I got to see most of the animals without marauding crowds.

I love Mogo Zoo. It’s one of the few places you can take your binoculars and zoom lens and focus on one thing for hours and hours without getting arrested. I must confess that I have a big crush on big cats. I took a couple of pics. It may have been around the 200+ mark, but who's counting.


Nail care is important to any self-respecting tiger. What's a little striped baby fluff to do while waiting for his siblings to wake up? File his nailguns of course by ripping apart a tree stump. Bless.




This little fella is 4-months-old, has a brother and a sister (I think) and it's really hard to take a photo of him not being cute. Bare your fangs you wild animal!! The three Sumatran tiger cubs are an integral part of a breeding program that hopes to prolong the survival of the critically endangered species. Tiger cubs seem to have a pretty fixed routine throughout the day. Sleep, play, destroy stuff, be cute, play, eat, play, destroy stuff, pester mum, play, sleep, sleep, be cute, sleep, destroy, pester mum, and so on…




A stupid, stupid man woke up this lion. Does the lion look particularly happy to you? He’s not, he’s highly displeased. He seems to be saying ‘fuck off’ with his eyes. He stared at his human alarm clock until he could no longer see him and then fixed his feline gaze on me. When they stare they STARE...But look how beautiful he is




Meerkat lying around being awesome.

1 comment:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...