Sunday 30 October 2011

Gym junkie-esque

I've simply run out of excuses of why I cannot go to the gym and get fit.  Well I'm assuming it's still the place to get fit.  I hope it is, because if it's not I will simply have to go home and sit on the couch, safe in the knowledge that I gave it my best shot.  See how good I am with excuses?   

An array of "fit people" (they love - LOVE! - to be called that) have recently informed me that walking from one's front door to one's car does not really constitute exercise.  What?  It doesn't ??!!  Just quietly, I think it depends on your perspective really.  Exercise; I'm doing it wrong, apparently.

It's been some time since I walked through the doors of an exercise facility.  But it has recently come to my attention that I have no more tricks up my sleeve to convince myself that it is out of the question to be doing any exercise of the get-fit variety.

So this week (not Monday because it is Halloween, and not Tuesday because it is Cup Day), I am starting a 10-day free introduction at the gym near my workplace.  I'm not terribly happy about it, but I know I will probably sort of feel better when I get into the swing of things again.  The gym people better sell this fit thing to me; like providing me with a bevy of hot, young, fit personal trainers.  And cake.  I will do just about anything for a slice of chocolate cake.  I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about the cake.

It feels like yesterday when I last went to the gym; and I would be correct if yesterday was 2004.  Yep, 2004.  Long time between rowing machines, eh?  Well, don't blame me, I have an endless list full of serious and important excuses reasons of why I simply have been unable to get to the gym in, um, seven years.

This time in two months I 'm going to be a gym junkie again with great gym junkie legs.  My favourite miniskirt isn't going to look awesome all by itself (if you tell me I'm too old for miniskirts I will break you).  Alternatively, in two months I will be sitting on the couch eating chocolate.  A bit of both these worlds would be perfect.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...