Thursday 7 June 2012

Royals, Ears and Vertigo

It's been a wee week since I blogged about all the trivial, superficial stuff that happens in my life, or the general vicissitudes of being remarkable in a world replete with commonfolk, or the fools that cross my path on a daily basis, exposing me to their veggie garden variety trashbagness.

To be honest, I think the only explanation for the way the interweb blogosphere has been able to cope with my lack of prose is the blanket media coverage given to the Annus Diamondus Jubilius celebratus. Well, no need to fret any longer.

I don't have anything even vaguely fascinating to write about, but that never stopped me creating this blog thing in the first place, in the hopes that it might be mistaken for some type of scholary work.  I just make it up as I go along, as they used to say at NASA's Mission Control Centre.  Speaking of  NASA, I will be visting them very shortly.  Oh wait, the Obama Messiah got rid of it... That is a bloody bummer.

I'm not counting but my anti-winter, pro-summer holiday is possibly a mere 36 days away. I may or may not be going up to the moon on a turbo-charged space jet plane from Cape Canaveral.  It's going to be quite the expaarrience, although it's all a bit to be advised at the moment.

Speaking of jet planes, I very recently took one to sunny, warm Brissie, completely forgetting that the last time I flew a small distance on a jet plane I discovered that I have a Eustachean Tube Dysfunction.  I can't be arsed explaining it again on here, but it's all to do with stupid ears and air pressure and flying and what not. Suffice to say, I now have stupid vertigo. 

Admittedly, it is the cool type of stupid vertigo, involving the sensation of riding massive ocean swells and roller coasters - like the ones that have screamin' and thunder and death machine in their name, rather than the type of vertigo that gives rise to spinning, nausea and vomiting.  Last time it only lasted a few days, so I will use this time wisely to prep for Disney World, whose rides are more expensive and less fun than my vertigo adventures.  

It's all very exciting, bobbing up and down on a virtual ocean while sitting at your desk at work, gripping anything and everything on the white-knuckle ride into pseudo-LSD weirdness, but it is a tad awkward and embarrassing when one has to hold onto filing cabinets while walking down the corridor, mumbling that the ground is kind of rolling and the walls are sort of bouncing about and so forth.  It was all great fun.

That is all. Good day.

Note to self: Best not go to the gym when you have vertigo. It is a bit of a VBI (Very Bad Idea) 

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...