Monday 2 September 2013

Whale Calling

Last weekend I headed down to my local awesome beach.  Sure, it's about a two-hour commute from my home, but it's worth it because there's sun and sea and sand and shells and many other things that start with the letter S.

Did the father's day thing with the father and the family and then went to a lookout to view beach things from up there.  It's always a good day for up.  It's coming into whale commuting season when the bus-sized mammals swim past the east coast of Australia to cooler waters, but I didn't expect to see any as I always seem to miss them.

But there were four of them! Four! Four adult Southern Right Whales! I was beside myself.  So exciting.  Watched them for ages as they tried to cool themselves down by lolling around and then foolishly drove back to Canberra because I have a job or whatever.  Now that it's almost whale season, I must follow through with my new obsession, which is whale stalking. Bermagui next I think. Yes.





No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...