Wednesday 1 February 2012

The other F-word

There are many fascinating things to read on the internet, and I can assure you that this post is not one of them.  I know it's really, really rare for me to bitch about something that pisses me off on my blog, but this one really chafes.  It's the other F-word that gets my goat - February.

I can't handle the stress of having to say, let alone write, this god awful word for a month, and this year we have to do it for an additional day because it's a flippin' leap year. 29 long days of mispronouncing the month of Feb-ru-ary. That's right kids, who the hell says Feb-ru-ary? If you know anyone who does, bring them to me and I will deal with them.

Now everyone be nice to the 29er leaplings, who get their birthday this month, and are thus only a quarter as old as they should be. I suppose that's one way to avoid the ageing process.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...