Thursday 15 March 2012

Airhead

I've been thinking about the atmosphere of the earth quite a bit today.  You know - air.  Let me explain.  I think we've all been caught in the tricky situation were we've woken in the middle of the night with the strange sensation that something was missing from our lives; something fairly important in the grand scheme of things, like being able to breathe.

I don't ask for much, but I do prefer to be able to breathe.  It's just one of those weird little ideosyncrasies that my brainstem demands of me, along with other basic, vital life functions.  Breathe now, regulate blood pressure, do this, do that. 

I think one only realises how useful the old oxygen can be when one is struggling to get any of it.  On the off-chance that anyone cares, I didn't die; I just have a mild head cold, but combined with my current laboured breathing through my treachea due to the indestructable Pariah Cough, it was like hiking in the Himalayas without an oxygen mask.

The quality of my air intake was so bad today that it was like I lived in Mexico or something, which gasps through the day with a bulging population of 130 billion Mexicans.  All breathing, at the same time.  The best time of the day to breathe in Mexico City is early afternoon, when everyone is in siesta freefall.  Semi true story. 

The poor air quality might also have something to do with their lack of concern for spewing out fossil fuels, but whatever; it works for them.  Or not.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...