Tuesday 10 April 2012

Being Sick Sucks

I'm finally rising out of the ashes and mountains of snot-ravaged tissues after a nasty bout of head cold-itis.  I love the moment when you realise it's going away and you feel vaguely human again.  Stupid head cold completely ruined my easter this year. 

Not even the Easter Bunny wants to go near someone with a head cold.  Just because I didn’t have anything more exciting planned this long weekend than having coffee with friends and family doesn’t mean I wasn’t royally ripped off.

I would like to thank all my sponsors who have worked so hard for the past few days - Kleenex, Panadol and Day & Night, the OTC decongestants who made me who I am today and, umm, I'd also like to thank GOD! I'm sorry if I've forgotten anyone, but you know who you are.

Head cold's are pretty sucky.  Women may berate men for whining when they have a blocked nose - and have even coined the infamous Man Cold - but I can certainly hold my own in the war on whinging when it comes to being on my deathbed.  See?  Dramatic much? 

The dreaded Pariah Cough has been trying to rear it's head again - and has been vaguely successful - but it hasn't amounted to anything like it was in it's heyday (about four weeks ago).  Three courses of antibiotics almost annihilated the darn thing, so I guess one more oughta do it.

So I’ve been laying low the past few days, which is quite difficult for me, given my proclivity for moving around 24 hours a day. My body may be exhausted, but my head still wants to do stuff; stuff that my body is not currently capable of doing. Like moving.

Because I'm feeling utterly sorry for myself today, I decided to do one of the things I am most happiest doing; a spot of blogging.  And after 15 minutes I am tired and have a headache and need a nap. Being sick is like being in prison, except without the free internet access, free food, free accommodation and criminals trying to bite off your ear lobes.  Other than that, it's exactly the same as jail.

Daytime commercial television is appallingly bad.  In fact, it should be a key motivator for the unemployed to get a job and for young mums to stop having children.  Oops, possibly hit a raw nerve there.  Hey, it's not my fault they are trapped in their Govvie flats without access to Foxtel.  If you can't afford the little brats, don't have 'em.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...