Sunday 29 April 2012

Google Uranus, Slippers, Slappers and Bikies

I watched The Truman Show last night, the 90's Jim Carrey movie about a man whose entire life has been broadcast on cable television without his knowledge on his very own dedicated channel, kind of like Keeping up with the Kardashians should be on a dedicated moron channel.

All of his family, friends and his wife are paid actors, albeit not very good ones. Kind of like Keeping up with the Kardashians. I'd never seen this flick, so I though it'd be worth a look. It really wasn't.  Kind of like Keeping up with the Kardashians.

The movie came out before reality shows became ubiquitous in mainstream televisionland, but I imagine the makers of Google were busy taking notes during this flick back in the day - in between their kindergarten naps - for their future gargantuan project of mapping every nook and cranny of earth for their search engine giant. I wonder if Google are thinking of mapping other planets, like a version of Google Uranus*. Hmm, probably not.

What else is going on? Today Aussie PM Gillardo finally threw the Slipper and the Slapper into the cesspool; I'll leave it up to you to work out which daft fool is which.

Throwing out two trashbags - who have swindled the Commonwealth, amongst other charming exploits - for the price of one (election) sounds like a wise move to me, but me and my political preferences would say that. Slippery Pete, Slapper Craig - for fucks sake that party is a disaster.

On another note, I'm so bored with the stupid bikie gangs in this country. Do they really call themselves bikies? Sounds a bit girly to me, like a rampaging horde of 10-year-old girls prancing down the road on their bedazzled pink wheels with ribbons on the handle bars and catfighting it out with semi-automatics outside their local shopping centre.

If these bikie dickheads come anywhere near me while I'm in my current state - that being with massive toothache - it'll be the last thing they ever do. Forget police dogs, just let me loose on them before I've had a kick of Nurofen into my bloodstream. But it needs to be before next Wednesday. The Day of Wisdom Extraction.  The police have no powers to stop them, so just let them shoot each other willy-nillly at a pre-arranged meeting point.  Like Afghanistan.

* Please don't sue me Google.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...