Wednesday 4 April 2012

Love triangles and other geometric-type situations

I'm blogging with the telly on as background, which is the only time I tend to write.  I'm multi-tasking the shit out of this situation.  I get very bored just watching telly, apparently.  The program is about the aftermath of last year's earthquake in Christchurch, I think, because they are talking in an odd accent about "keyos iveryweer" and "eets quort skeery" and "ez thet en eftershock?" 

This is going to be one of those posts that I really shouldn’t waste my time constructing, and you most assuredly should not waste your time reading. Oh well, too late; the wrecking ball has swung – like a psychotic pendulum-type disco ball - and it’ll cost a lot of dosh and the weight of many, many strong people with numerous muscles to stop it razing my blog into a desolate wasteland. Although, I imagine it wouldn’t appear much different that it does right now.

It would be quite exciting to be a wrecking ball operator person. You'd never have to spend a day in therapy. But if you hit the wrong building you’d be in muchos trouble and would have to fill in oodles of confusing and pointless paperwork designed to obfuscate the entire issue.  Sounds just like a desk job with the Government to me, except you actually get to watch the train wreck in real time. No, I don’t know what the fuck I’m prattling on about either, but I did warn you.

I didn't actually want to write about wrecking balls or endless paperwork, so this is a good time for an intervention into the progress of this post.  I went to see A Dangerous Method at the cinema this week, which is about Keira Knightley's jawline and it's 'love triangle' with Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud. As far as shapes go, the old triangle has a bit of notoriety, don't it?

It’s unpredictable (hello Bermuda), perplexing (hello Bermuda and Grade 1 geometry) and a bit of a vixen (hello love triangles).  I am currently in a bit of a 'lack of interest' triangle at the moment; torn between continuing with this post or sticking a hot poker in my eye.

Circles aren't very exciting at all; I tend to roll my eyes at pie charts, and when people draw circles it often means they want to place arrows everywhere and try to explain something to you that you are probably not very interested in.  Round and round and round you go; the motto of any self-respecting Government.

Pentagons are five-sided polygons, which makes them slightly greedy and pretentious, rather confusing and the bearer of many wives.  The only pentagon that matters is The Pentagon.  It has five sides, five floors, five ring corridors per floor and possibly a five ring circus.  Don't be messing with The Pentagon. They can make you disappear.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...