Friday 12 October 2012

Political Fight and African Flight

There are far too many ism's in the world - sexism, criticism - I get them all so very mixed up. Evidently the Prime Minister of Australia, Julia Ei-leen Gillard, gets these two ism’s confused all the time too, screeching 'sexism!' when valid criticism is thrown at her over her government's poor performance.  

Gillard is currently swimming, although I imagine will soon be sinking, into the mire of her self-created gender war. As far as one can tell, this war on men is motivated by a bitter hatred and resentment of her male competition, and is fed by the preposterous, delusional assumption that women will support her in her desperate attempt to cling to power at the forthcoming federal election.

I personally don’t have a scintilla of interest in anything she says. And I'm not going to call her my Prime Minister because that woman is a horrible embarrassment to me. If you are in any doubt about whether I aided her party’s accession to power, I can advise that I did not. So glad to clear that up.

Speaking of swimming in the mire, I am fairly devoid of any motivation to exercise at present. Why can’t I just be naturally fit? If I lived in the wilds of some arid African desert I wouldn't need to go to the gym because I’d naturally be in tiptop shape. It would be super; I'd spend my days chasing things, and then hastily turning around and having things pursue me.

Wouldn’t we all prefer that? Rather than spending the best part of our day sitting at a desk staring at an electronic box? Hm, I suppose not. Although unfortunately we live in a manufactured environment that gives rise to low health and fitness level by default.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...