Wednesday 10 October 2012

Toasters, Spooks and Neeson

One has a new idea of how to inspire one's jaded fingers to write every day.  I really don't know which part of 'you will write something every day' my digits don’t understand.  So each day for the rest of October (loosely defined as 'when I can be bothered to make an effort') I'm going to pick out three significant things that happened during the day that grabbed my attention and wax lyrical about them for sentences and sentences until I get uber bored.

Sure, it will make for some mind-numbingly dull blog posts, but then I'm most likely definitely not going to read them.   Let's pretend that I started doing this annoying, stupid little activity yesterday.  Yesterday was all about toasters, spooks and Liam Neeson.

I haven't got much to say about the toaster situation, suffice to say that people who operate these semi-heavy machinery things oughta monitor their wholemeal bread more closely and attend court-appointed Toaster Awareness Seminars if they fail to do so.  But, alas, there are brave people out there who fearlessly put out flames of yeast and smoking slabs of over-cooked bread.  Now let's all pause to think about firemen for a moment...

I don't know how to segue effortlessly onto the issue of unearthly bodies, so I won't bother.  It seems spooks are everywhere.  That's ghosts, not spies; but I suppose they amount to the same thing.  Several people I know are currently experiencing seismic paranormal activity in their respective houses, and news of these happenings scares the living daylights out of me.  I don't even want to believe in the paranormal, but there is too much weird, unexplained activity going on.

There's enough scary and dodgy in the natural world to freak me out, let alone things that don't really belong here anymore.  No offence ghosts, but I'm looking at you.  And I would greatly appreciate if you would never come visit me at my home, expecially if I'd never met you when you were alive.

I'm fairly positive I saw a ghost years ago, and I have had a former pet come to me - who had died years before - so I know they are here, but I'm definitely in de river denial over it.  But still, they are here (italics used to denote spookiness).

Speaking of spooky stuff, last night I went to the movies to watch an action flick, and the cinema rudely ran a trailer of the new Paranormal Activity blockbluster - I think they are up to number 28 or something - and I accidently opened my eyes during a particularly terrifying bit.  Admittedly, I am a scaredy cat and find the mere sight of the movie logo terrifying, but anyway. 

Now, onto Liam Neeson, who would no doubt recognise a toaster if one apparated before his eyes in the middle of the night.  And then he'd shoot it.  I'm not trying to name drop or anything, but Liam and I did spend some quality time yesterday.  Sure, he was in a movie, and I was watching the movie in a cinema, but I really don't appreciate society insisting that I make that distinction.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...