Tuesday 20 December 2011

118 not out...

Around June this year, in a moment of pure insanity, I decided that I was going to write 120 blog posts this year, which averages out to 10 a month.  Which doesn't sound like a lot, and it isn't, but it feels like a slog when you set yourself a goal and feel the need to achieve it.

I set myself this goal because I wanted to get into the habit of writing, and of writing daily.  It all fits into my grand plan of one day writing a greatly stupendous novel that will be read by a total of four people.  But I have realised that even though I am not always in the mood to write, when I do get an idea, I am vaguely disciplined enough to sit down and flesh it out.  The motivation is there when the ideas start to flow.  My perceived lack of motivation is actually a lack of ideas, rather than a lack of writing motivation, and I'm okay with that arrangement.  For now.

This blog has been fun so far, although I imagine it is a sleeping pill in online form for any sucker reading it.  Actually, anyone reading it should be grateful that they have found a destination where they can find out stuff about a subject they previously had no interest in and possibly even less interest in after visiting here.

So I'm currently on 118 posts not out, with two more to go for 2011, and then I'll take a creative break for a few weeks to recharge my creative batteries, but not in the wanky wine-and-cheese intellectual fashion. You know those types who talk about the zeitgeist but are, in reality, so out of touch with the zeitgeist that they think a painting of a red blob on a canvas says something about life as we know it.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...