Monday 9 January 2012

How do you solve a problem like Iran?

How do you solve a problem like Iran?  Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her. Many a thing she ought to understand. For example, I think perhaps Tehran should understand that if the U.S. didn't already have enough valid reasons to annihilate it from the world, it probably shouldn’t give them another one.

The latest brouhaha that has Iran all in a tizz is their insistence – INSISTENCE! – that the U.S. aircraft carrier that passed through the strategic Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf last week should stay out.  Iran have warned the U.S. not to come back into its region or else blah blah blah. Or what, Tehran, what are you going to do? 

Let’s not forget that the U.S. stations itself there because the whole region is unpredictable, dangerous and insane, and is concerned that Iran will close the strait. Iran has not said what action it would take if the U.S. continue hanging around, but I double dare Tehran to even consider blocking the world oil supply.

I kind of wish Tehran was stupid enough to attack the U.S. carrier with one of their missiles. Iran might be developing their military capability but they are still highly inferior. A missile attack would allow the forces of hell to validate a total ambush on the city and reduce it to a stinking pile of rubble. Which means Tehran wouldn't look much different to how it looks now.

While this is my favoured method of 'sanctioning' this middle eastern dropkick, it is probably not the best idea, given that it has many other nation state allies that are equally as psychotic.  May cool heads prevail; which is a little impossible when it comes with dealing with the Middle East.

2 comments:

Lynne Giffin said...

Gosh, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, too early for me (9.21 am) to be so politically angry. Anyway, I was dreading that I was at work. Hope you are having a great break.

Elizabeth Neil said...

Heh, hey Lynne! I actually wrote this post yesterday - just posted at 9am. I'm doing my A - Z writing challenge again and I generally write each post the day before. But you know that I'm always politically cranky! It's high time we caught up for lunch - I'll IM you.

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...