Wednesday 18 January 2012

Whole world of Gym Hurt

Look it blog, I can't stay away from you!  I just wanted to check in to say that everything fucking hurts right now because I have been to the gym for the past 3 days and I have a new program that I love/hate/love/hate and I've just realised how much work I have to do to get fit and how lazy I have been at the gym over the past few months.  If the guy who manipulated my previously easy program to within an inch of its life wasn't really cute and fit looking I probably would have told him to stick it somewhere.    

Because I am full of excuses as to why I can't exercise outside at the moment, yesterday I went to the gym to do some cardio, and all the equipment was packed, because evidently no-one in Canberra wants to be obese or unhealthy anymore. 

Then I caught sight of the women's gym, which I have never entered because it looks small and dark like a witches coven and it's the women's gym.  I have been avoiding the women's gym since I started because it's THE WOMEN'S GYM.  I don't want to go in there because I don't, that's why. 

Well, of course I went in, because I noted they have treadmills in there.  I'm just glad they weren't pink.  And let me say, the women's gym is awesome.  I spent an hour walking quickly up a steep incline that possibly could have been to the Mount Everest base camp; I don't know.

That in itself probably would have sucked if I didn't have the room practically exclusively to myself AND a huge beautiful fan blowing at me AND 2 TV's with 2 different Australian Open matches right in front of me.  AND all of the weights were in their right spots!, rather than dumped willy-nilly all over the place by silly little thoughtless Gen Yers with their freaky, scary hyper-abs.  Best gym experience ever.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...