Wednesday 12 July 2017

DAY 12 The Writing Inquisition - Vegetable onesies, Vegemitisation, and mixing your blues and maroons

Today's cinematic drama on the blog is just a couple of quick snips of things that unfortunately made their way into my brain today, where they were tossed around like the spin cycle of a washing machine and then spat out; completely unrecognisable, and now cleverly disguised as meaningless drivel.

For example, speaking of washing machines, after work I saw a lady in a green onesie in a food court. She looked like a stick of celery. I don't know why she did it either; there really is no good reason for getting about looking like a stringy vegetable.

And then I thought how fun it would be to break into someone's house and put food dye in their washing machine because it's good times when people wear only green clothes.

Knowing how to wash clothes, without ruining them, is a basic life skill. Before you load up the machine, do some prep work, such as separating the blues and the maroons, preferably into separate washing machines in separate States. Put them in a machine together, with all the different textures and added 'detergent', at your own peril.

I also thought about Vegemite, and how iconically and stereotypically Australian I must be, because I wasn't a happy little V at all when I discovered I didn't have any for my toast this morning.

And then, as I rode home on my kangaroo like the Man from Snowy River with bushranger swag to my corrugated-iron roof homestead in The Bush with a verandah, windmill, watertank and flies, I thought about whether I posess any other iconally Australian behaviours. And I couldn't think of any.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...