Thursday 6 July 2017

DAY 6 The Writing Inquisition - Operation Lash Extension

Given the nature of my July Writing Inquisition, I feel like I need to submit to the challenge and actually write something a bit challenging - push beyond the comfort zone -  because great things can happen when you step outside your zone.
This is someone.
But it's not me. Or my lashes. 

Unless you're in the military, where it's best to stay inside the green zone if you're not fortified with an armoured tank. So today I'm battle ready, safely ensconced in my steel-plated fighting vehicle, and will tackle a beauty post about my acquisition of some eyelash extensions.

The other day I went to the staging area called Brazillian Beauty on my lunchbreak. It's just outside the Green Zone, but still in the equally secure APS Zone. I was tactically and strategically well prepared, given my new predilection to FUBAR (f**ked up beyond all recognition) my appointment time.

The staff member on active duty  - call sign 'amazing lash arranger' - was ready for the assault, and greeted me with heavy friendly fire as I walked in the door. Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Its okay. I wasn't injured.

I was quickly and quietly shuffled off into a backroom where I was briefed on the mission ahead and then the tactical action commenced.

I was impressed with the logistics, particularly the actions of transporting individual lashes to the customer, using cutting edge tweezer technology. Reliable countermeasures were enabled to ensure that no lash be left behind.

The auxiliary division responsible for heating and assorted music systems were also highly commendable.

I have been advised that, with respect to Operation Lash Extension, acquiescence is the wisest course of action, so I'll go back for another appointment in about a month.

Status of lashes: On active duty.

No comments:

The niche world of the antiques fair

While vintage shopping is certainly in fashion among younger crowds, who eschew fast fashion for its often unethical manufacturing practices...